Saturday, January 3, 2015

STOP RELYING SOLELY ON YOUR WORKOUTS TO LOSE WEIGHT, STEP 1

RESHAPE YOUR MINDSET TO HELP YOU GET IN THE BEST SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE

MAIN POINT: You don't have to kill yourself in the gym.  Focus on eating better.

If I am an MMA fighter, then I do have to train hard as heck to prepare my body for a grueling hand to hand combat fight with another barbaric human being for 15-25 minutes pretty much non-stop.

If I am trying to lose weight, killing myself in the gym isn't necessarily the answer.

Goals determine your methods. You always have to know your WHY behind training.

Fitness and training are a necessary component to longevity. We know that resistance training helps keep your bones and muscles strong so you can move well the rest of your life and conditioning helps improve your cardiovascular and respiratory system. So yes, you need to do it.  Working out or at least being physically active in some way on a regular basis is a necessary component to a Whole-Fit lifestyle.

But thinking that it's the main way you're going to lose weight will leave you disappointed in the long run.

If I had to put a percentage on it just to give you a visual, NUTRITION is 80% of your results.  I busted my tail in the gym over the last 4 weeks of December, but I also ate whatever I wanted, because that's what I do during the Holiday season. I gained weight and softened up a little bit. It's not a big deal because this is part of my lifestyle. I "live it up" during this time of year. This just goes to show you that WHAT YOU DO OUTSIDE OF THE GYM is far more important than what you do in it.

Again, this is just to change your intention and understanding of why you do what you do.  I like to train hard because I like to train hard. I like to push my body to places it's never been before. I don't train hard because I think it's going to make me lose weight.  See the difference?

Going to the gym is a huge part and you should be extremely proud for being disciplined to do it. But it's not the only part or the biggest part. So let it be a place you come to have fun and get physical, release endorphins, and feel good about accomplishing things the majority of the population never well.  But focus more on and work harder at what you're putting into your body for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I'm telling you, you'll reap much more from your efforts.

I'll send you some nutrition tips in the next step tomorrow.

For now,  here are 3 MAIN PRINCIPLES TO REMEMBER;

1. WHAT YOU DO OUTSIDE OF THE GYM IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT YOU DO INSIDE.
2. WORKING OUT IS A HUGE PART TO LONGEVITY, BUT IT'S NOT THE ONLY PART, OR THE BIGGEST PART TO LOSING WEIGHT.
3.  YOU CAN WORK OUT HARD BECAUSE YOU WANT TO, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO.

It's not about me,
Coach Theo



No comments:

Post a Comment