Thursday, November 20, 2014

FMU's FIRST WALL OF FAME INDUCTEE

Well it took me a week to figure this out.....

A few members have been with me since I started teaching classes at the YMCA.  The question was, just who exactly started first?  

Well, here she is, say hello to our FIRST "WALL OF FAME" INDUCTEE, one of my favorite people: MONICA BRUAW!

Monica is an early-bird 530am attendee. What's really cool about her story is, not only has she accomplished some amazing things over the last few years, but she even pulled her hubby Cory along into the mix, and they're both doing incredible things together (your example will inspire others).When Monica was training for her first marathon I remember talking to Cory and he said: "I'll never do a marathon." Well last year he crossed through his first 26.2 miler.  I think I can bust out some Beiber and say, "never say neverrrrr."  The only never I can add is that they NEVER miss workouts unless they are out of town or something, even with the additional 25 minute drive time to get to our new gym.

Anyways, check out some things Monica had to say about her involvement in the FMU Family:

 


1. What is your favorite thing about FMU, besides the workouts and the music?
My favorite thing about FMU is the variety.  You never get bored coming to class because of all the different exercises and circuits. Plus, the variety pushes your body through plateaus and increases your fitness level more than you think. As much as I might complain about doing a certain exercise, I feel incredibly energetic after accomplishing a tough 60 minute circuit.

2. Why have you stayed with FMU for all these years, besides the rates?
Before FMU, I never ran any races outside of High School track. And now, I have run 21 races, including 3 full marathons, plus 2 Warrior Dashes and 2 Hit Man Challenges. These are fitness goals that I never dreamed about completing and yet with the training, encouragement and support from Theo, Amber and many other FMU friends I am very proud of these accomplishments and look ahead to future fitness goals.

3. When you think of FMU five years from now, what would you like to see?
One of the most important things about FMU is the people.  Sharing time and sweating along side people you know and like makes it more meaningful and fun.  We hold each other accountable and share in each other’s wins and losses.  I wish FMU much success in the next five years but I would hope that the special comradery found in these classes continue because this does not exist in any ordinary gym.

Monica---we absolutely LOVE YOU!

You mean a lot to us.

Thank you for your faith and trust and commitment to making FMU a part of your life, and so much fun! 

And please, be here in another 5 years too!

It's not about us,
Coach Theo & Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment