Sunday, March 29, 2015

MY MORNING BELLY FAT FIGHTING CONCOCTION THAT I WON’T DO WITHOUT

No I don’t have a complex. 

And I usually say I could care less about what one’s six pack looks like because for many human beings, it's not realistic, and performance-wise, it doesn't mean much.

However, I have many training goals that I’m trying to hit this year. Being leaner and meaner just makes it easier to hit them.

One being my fastest 5k, two being to crush the UrbanObstacle on May 30, three being to place even higher at the Men’s Health Urbanathlon in October, and four being to hit 32 strict pull-ups again now that my arm may finally be recovered since last year’s Pull Ups For Zoe.

So here’s something that I've been doing every morning now and it’s absolutely helpful!

DISCLAIMER: this does not work if I'm not eating right and working out. Any little bit of processed foods seems to throw me off course. That's just how it is as we get older. Just want to emphasize to anyone coming across this that doesn't have all pillars of a whole-fit lifestyle down yet, there are NO MAGIC PILLS.  Taking supplements may help, but they're not going to change much if you haven't changed your lifestyle.

So here's what I do every morning:

STEP 1: Take a probiotic before I put anything into my body right when I wake up.

STEP 2: Drink a glass of hot green tea.

STEP 3: Eat Ezekiel english muffin or toast. 

STEP 4: Take...
  • Niacin: 125mg
  • Green tea extract: 500mg
  • Caffeine: 100mg (that's only 1 cup of coffee people)


STEP 5: With my POST WORKOUT shake or meal I take:
  • Multivitamin
  • Vitamin D3 2,000IU

Note 1: 
I can't say enough about caffeine. Hallelujah, praise the Lord, I can't believe I went so long in my life without it. This is by far one of the best performance enhancing supplements.  Paula Hendryx once cracked a joke with me in class and said "a system without caffeine is not a system." Now I know what she means. I don't drink coffee so I take straight caffeine from a pill. It's probably the only reason why I can maintain my energy throughout these super busy training days. 

Note 2: 
I try to get all my supplements ORGANIC and NON-GMO as much as possible. Trader Joe's and EarthFare are local stores that have some great quality vitamins and supplements. But you can also just google some online stores that sell them too. I usually do some research for great brands and then try to find them on amazon. Trust me, how your supplements are made does matter. Yes, they will be pricier. But trying to save some money and buying cheap brands that are loaded with garbage will mean you're not getting great sources into your body, and thus not getting the true effects. 

These are just some things I do.

Take what you want from it and use what you take.

Because as always,

It's not about me.

Coach Theo

No comments:

Post a Comment