Friday, September 12, 2014

THREE STRETCHES I WANT YOU TO DO POST WORKOUT

I want to give you my take real quick on stretching. It's super important. Active stretch (movement-based) before a workout. Static stretch (holds) after a workout.

Even though stretching is important, none of us like to spend time on it. And we don't have time to hit everything in our 1-hour classes. I run you through active at the beginning, but I leave post workout up to you. Ideally, if short on time, I would go straight to the foam roller and hit back, hamstrings, IT bands, and quads. If you have more time, here's three stretches I would hit to get the most bang for your buck.

3 POST-WORKOUT STRETCHES TO SAVE ON TIME, BUT HIT A LOT AT ONCE:

1. LUNGE REACH HOLD.
*keep your back leg straight, keep the front foot flat.




2. DOWNWARD DOG POSE.
*push your chest to your knees, push your heels to the ground to stretch your calf muscles.



3. PIGEON POSE.
*you may not need to go too far to feel this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment